Dress up plain pork chops with this amazing recipe and you will see why everyone loves these oven-baked pork chops! No one will ever say that pork chops are boring after they try this flavor-packed recipe.
Oven Baked Pork Chops: Simple and Flavorful
You are going to be amazed at how simple and flavorful this recipe is. With just a few basic seasonings that you probably already have, you can make these pork chops for dinner. The flavor combination really jazzes up plain pork chops, making it the best dinner option.
We love cooking pork chops. From Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops to Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops, they really make an easy and delicious dinner idea. Whether you grill them, bake them in the oven, or put them in your crockpot, these pork chops come out juicy and tender, and everyone loves them.
Easy Dinner Idea
We have pork chops at least once a week, and my family really enjoys having this recipe on our menu. It’s a delightful change from the usual chicken recipes we prepare. With just a few simple ingredients, I can make this recipe any night of the week. It turns out incredibly flavorful, leaving my family feeling satisfied and happy within 30 minutes.
Not only can you bake or grill these pork chops, but you can also use your iron skillet. They turn out incredibly juicy and delicious. This is how my grandmother always made pork chops.
Juicy Pork Chop Tips
- Bake your pork chops at a high temperature to caramelize the texture and lock in the juices.
- Avoid overcooking your pork chops by using a meat thermometer. The perfect temperature is 145 degrees.
- Let the pork chops rest for about 10 minutes before slicing to achieve juiciness. Cover them lightly with foil during this time.
- Choose at least 1-inch thick pork chops to ensure they don’t dry out quickly.
- Boneless or bone-in pork chops work well for this recipe.
- Pork Chops (you can also try using pork tenderloin)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your baking sheet or a 9×9 baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Place the pork chops in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasonings until well combined.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the pork chops and use a basting brush to ensure it is spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture, including black pepper, on top of the pork chops. Use the basting brush to spread it all over the meat.
How long does it take for a pork chop to cook?
Bake the pork chops at 400 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes. Ensure that the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Check the pork chops around the 15-minute mark, as they cook quickly if not watched closely.
Keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Adjust your cooking time accordingly. For reference, the pork chops used in this recipe were about 1″ thick.
Let the pork chops sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. This allows them to retain their juices and flavors.
- Prepare your homemade seasoning for a more personalized flavor.
- Try using pork tenderloin instead of boneless pork chops.
- Turn this recipe into a sheet pan meal by adding vegetables alongside the pork chops. Sprinkle the vegetables with the pork seasoning for added flavor and easy cleanup.
Should Pork Chops be Baked Covered or Uncovered?
If you prefer a crispier outside coating, bake the pork chops uncovered. However, covering them with foil will result in more juicy and tender meat as the moisture is trapped. Choose the method that your family enjoys the most.
Why I love Pork Chops
- Within about 20 minutes, you can have a healthy and delicious meal that everyone will love.
- The easy spices used in this recipe are pantry staples and elevate the flavor of the boneless pork chops.
- Pork chops are budget-friendly, easy to make, and turn out juicy and flavorful if cooked just right.
- The sauce that the pork chops make is so good, making it a perfect side to dip or pour over veggies.
- Pork chops are suitable for any diet, as they are low in calories and high in protein.
- Grilling pork chops adds a unique twist to your usual steak or chicken dishes.
Boneless Pork Chops in the Oven
This recipe is fast, easy, and incredibly juicy and tender. You’ll love having this on your menu plan for busy weeks, as it saves both time and money. It’s a delicious alternative to takeout or fast food; make this meal instead!
Side Dishes for Pork Chops
- Broccoli: Steam it in the microwave for a quick and easy veggie idea.
- Roasted Green Beans: Another simple and flavorful vegetable side dish.
- Grilled Asparagus or Roasted Asparagus: A healthy and tasty choice.
- Quick and Easy Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese: Homemade macaroni and cheese that’s easy to make.
- Salad: A quick and easy side salad always complements pork chops.
- Potatoes: Baked, mashed, sweet, or buttered potatoes are great choices.
- Rice Pilaf: A perfect side that goes well with pork chops.
This is the Best Way to Bake Pork Chops!
I love one-pot meals because they are easy and hassle-free. This recipe is no exception. Cleanup is a breeze, and everyone loves this meal.
Use a 9×9 baking dish to make this casserole. It’s the perfect size for baking 4 to 6 pork chops. Plus, it adds a touch of elegance to your presentation.
This recipe is also great for sharing with someone who needs a nice meal, whether it’s a new parent or someone who could use a helping hand. Use a disposable foil pan for easy cleanup.