Are you tired of the same old pasta dishes and looking to switch things up? Look no further than this incredible rice cooker orzo recipe! With just the push of a button, you can create fluffy and delicious orzo that’s perfect for adding to soups, salads, or dinner recipes. Plus, we’ll show you how to transform your orzo into a creamy and flavorful side dish that will take your meals to the next level.
The Rice Cooker Orzo Trick
Cooking orzo in the rice cooker is a game-changer. It’s easy, hands-off, and yields perfect results every single time. No more standing over a pot and stirring – the rice cooker does all the work for you! Whether you’re a fan of orzo in salads, soups, risottos, or pilafs, this method will quickly become your go-to.
Foolproof and Consistent
What makes this rice cooker orzo recipe so foolproof? It’s all about the 2:1 water to pasta ratio. Simply add the orzo, water, and a drizzle of olive oil to the rice cooker, set it on high (or the quick cook setting), and let it do its magic for 18 minutes. After that, check if all the water has been absorbed, and if not, cook for an additional 5 minutes. Fluff it up with a fork, and you’re ready to enjoy!
Pre-Cook Orzo for Perfect Soups
One of the best things about cooking orzo in the rice cooker is that it’s ideal for adding to soups. When making soup, it’s better to cook the orzo separately to avoid it getting too mushy and absorbing all the broth. Simply let the orzo cool down and then add it to the soup, ensuring you have perfectly cooked orzo that maintains its shape while also enjoying a flavorful broth.
An Amazing Pantry Staple
This rice cooker orzo recipe is a fantastic pantry staple side dish. You probably have all the ingredients on hand in your pantry or cupboards. By keeping a well-stocked pantry, you can easily whip up delicious and healthy meals without the need for a last-minute grocery store run. To make things easier, we’ve compiled a list of the top 125 plant-based pantry staples that you can find on our website.
What You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this mouthwatering rice cooker orzo recipe:
- Orzo Pasta: The star of the show! Regular orzo works perfectly, but if you’re gluten-free, you can easily find a suitable alternative online.
- Water or Low Sodium Vegetable Stock: We recommend using low sodium vegetable stock for its great flavor. It adds depth to the dish without excessive salt.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Opt for a fruity olive oil with fantastic flavor and color. It’s an excellent value for the quality you get.
- Lemon & Parsley: These bright and refreshing ingredients are optional but highly recommended for serving.
How to Make Rice Cooker Orzo
Making orzo in the rice cooker couldn’t be easier. Just follow these simple steps:
- Add the orzo, water (or vegetable stock), and olive oil to the rice cooker.
- Set the rice cooker on high or the quick cook setting for 18 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, check if all the water has been absorbed. If not, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fluff the orzo with a fork and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of chopped parsley (optional).
Upgrade Your Rice Cooker Game
While any decent rice cooker will do the job, we highly recommend considering an upgrade. The Zojirushi rice cooker is the “Cadillac” of rice cookers and offers exceptional quality and functionality. It even keeps your rice warm on the counter, so you can enjoy it all day long.
Endless Possibilities with Rice Cooker Orzo
This versatile rice cooker orzo can be used in a variety of delicious dishes. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Avgolemono Soup with Orzo Recipe (Greek Lemon Chicken Soup)
- Lemon Orzo Salad Recipe (Vegetarian, High Fiber, Vegan)
- Orzo Soup with Spinach and Lemon Recipe (Vegetarian)
- Greek Orzo Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette Recipe
- Tomato Soup with Noodles Recipe (Vegetarian, Dairy-Free)
Get Cooking with Ekilove
Ready to elevate your pasta game with this amazing rice cooker orzo recipe? Try it out and taste the difference for yourself. For more mouthwatering recipes, cooking tips, and inspiration, visit Ekilove. Stay connected by signing up for our newsletter and following us on Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter. We can’t wait to see your incredible creations!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Ekilove may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Ekilove and our passion for great food!