Frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer make for an excellent appetizer. And the best part? No seasoning is necessary! Utilizing an air fryer allows you to make them healthier than ever before, without using any oil.
If you’re a fan of delicious cornmeal dishes, you’re in for a treat. These frozen hushpuppies are beautifully brown on the exterior and soft on the inside. Get ready to prepare extra-delicious meals with these easy procedures:
Can You Cook Frozen Hushpuppies in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! You can easily cook frozen hushpuppies in the air fryer, whether they’re fresh or frozen. Cooking hushpuppies in the air fryer is just as simple as cooking any other frozen food. It’s the quickest and cleanest way to reheat premade frozen hushpuppies. You’ll be amazed by how fast and effortless it is.
How to Cook Frozen Hushpuppies in the Air Fryer?
All you need to do is grab a bag of your favorite frozen hushpuppies, like the ones from Savannah Classics. No need to defrost them. Simply place them in the air fryer and let the magic happen. To ensure even frying, shake the basket during the cooking process. The result? Beautifully soft and golden brown hushpuppies.
How Long to Cook Frozen Hushpuppies in the Air Fryer?
The cooking time may vary depending on the temperature you select and the wattage of your air fryer. For instance, at 350ºF (177ºC), it may take approximately 7-9 minutes, or until the interior temperature reaches 165ºF (75ºC). Adjust the time according to your desired level of crispiness.
Frozen Hushpuppies in the Oven
If you don’t own an air fryer, worry not! You can also cook frozen hushpuppies in a convection oven. However, keep in mind that it will take longer and be more difficult to clean compared to an air fryer. For the best results, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Arrange the frozen hushpuppies on a baking sheet and place it on the center rack of the oven.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until they reach your desired color and crispness.
- For even cooking, remember to turn the hushpuppies over halfway through baking.
- Allow them to stand for 3 minutes before serving.
Frozen Hushpuppies on the Stove
Cooking frozen hushpuppies on the stove is another option. However, it requires adding oil to your hushpuppies, making it a less suitable choice. If you decide to go this route, make sure to add only the necessary amount of oil for frying. Here’s how you can do it:
- Thaw the hushpuppies for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry them at 325°F (163ºC) for 2-3 minutes, or until they reach your desired color and crispness.
- Let them stand for 3 minutes before serving.
Storing & Reheating
Leftover hushpuppies can be stored in a paper towel-lined airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, remove them from the refrigerator and place them in the air fryer basket at 350ºF (176ºC). Air fry for approximately 2 minutes, or until warm.
Pairing hushpuppies with a delicious dipping sauce takes them to another level. Whether you want to spice things up, add a touch of sweetness, or smooth out the flavors, these sauces will do the trick. Feel free to dip or toss your air-fried hushpuppies into:
- Honey mustard sauce
- Mango sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- Creamy sauce
- Smoky red pepper
- Miso butter
- Blue cheese sauce
- Ranch dip sauce
Savannah Classics Hushpuppies in the Air Fryer
Savannah Classics is a well-known brand that creates inspired traditional hushpuppies using only the freshest ingredients, such as onions, cornmeal, and spices. They even have secret formulas that you’ll absolutely love. These hushpuppies are ready to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Apart from the traditional flavor, they also offer sweetcorn or jalapeno flavored options.
Savannah Hushpuppies Nutrition Facts
- Serving size: 3 hushpuppies (52 g)
- Calories: 140
- Total fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 19 g
- Protein: 2 g
Savannah Hushpuppies Ingredients
- Enriched degermed white cornmeal (prepared from cornstarch, niacin, reduced iron, tricalcium phosphate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid)
- Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid)
- Soybean oil
- Contains 2% or less: leavening (sodium aluminum phosphate, sodium bicarbonate), salt, whole eggs (citric acid), liquid margarine (soybean oil, water, vegetable mono & diglycerides, salt, natural flavor [includes milk], vitamin A palmitate added, vitamin D3), onion powder, mono and diglycerides, black pepper, guar gum, and dried parsley.
Brands of Frozen Hushpuppies
Apart from Savannah Classics, there are other brands available in supermarkets. Consider these options:
- Great Value, frozen traditional hushpuppies
- Mackenzie Limited, sweet corn hushpuppies
- Savannah Classics, original hushpuppies
- HEB, sweet corn hushpuppies
- Delta Pride, hushpuppies
- Moss, frozen hushpuppies
What to Serve with Hushpuppies?
To enjoy a well-balanced meal, consider pairing hushpuppies with some delicious side dishes. Here are a few ideas to complement your hushpuppy feast:
- Chicken wings
- Chicken breast dishes, such as chicken parmesan
- Baked potatoes or roast potatoes
- Pasta dishes like tortellini or spaghetti
- Salads, such as spinach salad or garden salad
- Grilled veggies
- French fries
- Balsamic glazed steak
- Pork chops
- Fish dishes like salmon, fish fillets, or breaded catfish
Where Can I Buy Frozen Hushpuppies?
You can find frozen hushpuppies in various grocery stores, including Kroger, Walmart, Giant, HEB, Breaux Mart, Meijer, Safeway, and Martin’s groceries. Enjoy the convenience of having these delicious treats at your fingertips.
Remember, there’s nothing quite like the taste of perfectly cooked frozen hushpuppies. With an air fryer, you can enjoy them quickly and with reduced oil. So why wait? Indulge in the crispy exterior and soft interior of hushpuppies today. Visit Ekilove for more culinary inspiration!