Who doesn’t love a plate of perfectly cooked french fries? But let’s face it, making them from scratch can be time-consuming and messy. That’s why Checkers frozen fries in the air fryer are an absolute game-changer. In just 15 minutes, you can have a batch of these famous seasoned fries that are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They make for a super quick and easy side dish or snack that your kids will devour, especially when paired with their favorite sauces or dips!
How to Make Checkers Frozen Fries in the Air Fryer
Preparing these mouthwatering fries is a breeze. Start by cleaning the air fryer basket to ensure optimal results. Then, plug in your air fryer and set the temperature to 380°F. While preheating is optional, it’s recommended as it helps to achieve that perfect crispiness we all crave.
Next, take the Checkers frozen fries out of the package and spread them evenly in the air fryer basket. While it’s best to place them in a single layer, a little overlapping is alright. Just try not to stack them too much.
Once you’ve positioned the fries, slide the basket into the air fryer and set a timer for 15 minutes. Around the halfway mark, give the fries a gentle shake or use tongs to flip them, ensuring they brown evenly.
When the timer goes off, check the fries. They should have a lovely golden brown color with a crisp exterior. If you prefer them even crispier, you can put them back in the air fryer for an extra 2-3 minutes.
Once they’re cooked to your liking, transfer the fries to a serving dish, being careful as they will be hot. Serve them immediately with your choice of sauce or dip. Whether you go for ketchup, mayo, or barbecue sauce, these fries are guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds.
Remember, each air fryer may cook slightly differently, so keep a close eye on the fries, especially if you’re using a new or different machine.
What Makes This Recipe Special
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity. You don’t need to thaw the fries or preheat the air fryer. Plus, there’s no need for a deep fryer or excessive amounts of oil. By using the air fryer, you avoid heating up your whole house while still achieving that desired crispiness.
These freezer fries take only 15 minutes to cook, making them a fantastic option for those lazy days when you don’t feel like putting in too much effort in the kitchen.
Expert Tips for the Perfect Fries
To ensure you get the best results every time, here are some expert tips:
- Don’t thaw the fries first: Cooking them straight from frozen ensures a crispier exterior.
- Skip preheating: Preheating the air fryer is optional as it can still achieve great crispness without this extra step.
- Add as many as you like: Unlike other air fryer recipes, you can stack the fries in the basket without sacrificing quality.
- Shake the basket: Halfway through the cooking process, give the air fryer basket a shake to ensure even cooking, especially if you have a lot of fries in there.
Variations to Spice Things Up
While Checkers famous seasoned fries are a delight on their own, here are a few variations you can try:
- Cheesy Air Fryer Fries: Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese on top of the fries before cooking.
- Seasoning Options: Experiment with your own seasonings by using plain fries and adding garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, dry ranch seasoning, or regular or smoked paprika.
- Loaded Fries: Top the fries with shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bacon bits. Serve with ranch dressing or sour cream and sprinkle some chopped green onions for an irresistible treat.
While these fries are fantastic on their own, they also make a great addition to other dishes. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Serve them with homemade or store-bought BBQ sauce or Buffalo sauce for a tangy twist.
- Pair them with creamy dips like ranch, mayo, chipotle mayo, sriracha, or garlic aioli for an explosion of flavors.
- For a sweet and tangy combo, try regular mustard or honey mustard alongside these air fryer fries.
- Complete your meal by enjoying these frozen Checkers fries with your favorite meat or vegetarian burger, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, or alongside baked chicken or fish dishes.
- They also make a perfect side for grilled cheese sandwiches or deli sandwiches.
Leftovers and Storage
If you happen to have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator. To maintain their crispness, reheat them in an oven or air fryer rather than a microwave. Consume them within 1-2 days to enjoy the best texture and flavor.
Explore More Delicious Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like these mouthwatering options:
- Trader Joe’s pesto chicken in the air fryer
- Trader Joe’s breaded chicken in the air fryer
- Air fryer flat iron steak
- Air fryer lamb meatballs
- Honey gold wing sauce
- Chicken lollipop in the air fryer
- Air fryer pork chop bites
Find these recipes and more on our website Ekilove. Don’t forget to rate the recipes and leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions.
Now, go grab a bag of Checkers frozen fries, fire up your air fryer, and treat yourself to a plate of crispy goodness!