Who can resist the tantalizing combination of crispy outer layers and tender, juicy insides? This recipe for the BEST baked pork tenderloin will leave you craving for more. Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it’s also a versatile cut of pork that can be flavored to suit your tastes. Whether you choose to cook it in a slow cooker, Instant Pot, or on the grill, you can’t go wrong with a pork tenderloin.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pork tenderloin: Use one or two, depending on the size. Aim for at least 1 1/2 pounds of pork to serve around 4 people.
- Oil: This will give the tenderloin its crispy exterior and fork-tender interior.
- Fresh-squeezed citrus: I recommend using a combination of lemon, lime, and orange juice. If you don’t have fresh citrus on hand, chicken broth can be a good substitute.
- Dried herbs: Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence blends work beautifully.
- Garlic powder: Feel free to add onion powder as well.
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika: If you don’t have smoked paprika, regular paprika will do just fine.
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a rimmed baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Pierce the pork all over with a fork, then rub it with oil.
- Stir together the spices and seasonings, then sprinkle the mixture all over the pork. Pat it down with your fingertips.
- Transfer the pork to your prepared baking dish and squeeze citrus juices all over the top.
- Bake the pork for about 25-35 minutes or until the center temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Spoon the pan juices over the cooked pork, then let it rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
What to Serve With This Recipe
A pork tenderloin is best enjoyed with delicious side dishes. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Company Potatoes: These crispy, cheese-filled potatoes are a perfect match for the tenderloin. Prepare a big batch and get ready for seconds!
- Creamy Sweet Macaroni Salad: If you’re looking for a satisfying side with lots of leftovers, this creamy macaroni salad is just what you need. You can even make it ahead of time while the tenderloin cooks.
- Easy Creamy Macaroni and Cheese: Mac ‘n cheese goes well with everything, and this homemade version is no exception.
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus: For a simple and nutritious option, try roasting some asparagus with lemon and Parmesan. It’s sure to please everyone at your dinner table.
What People Are Saying About This Recipe
Don’t just take my word for it. Here’s what people are saying about this mouthwatering pork tenderloin:
- Cynthia: “This was the most tender, melt-in-your-mouth tenderloin I have ever made. The browned exterior and the flavorful juices made it even better!”
- Connie: “This recipe is a favorite in my household. I dipped it in peach jalapeno jelly, and it was divine! Now I’m trying it with blackberry lime jam. Thank you so much!”
- Liz: “I make this recipe at least three times a month. It’s absolutely delicious, especially with a homemade blue cheese or cilantro lime sauce. A true winner!”
- Diane: “We love this recipe! It’s easy, flavorful, and pairs well with roasted sweet potatoes and an Italian chopped salad. Yum!”
More Recipes Like This
Once you’ve fallen in love with this amazing baked pork tenderloin, be sure to try these other mouthwatering recipes: Instant Pot Balsamic Pork Tenderloin (with rave reviews!) and the BEST Ever Healthy Grilled Pork Tenderloin. And don’t forget to check out my other viral recipes, including One Pan Garlic Herb Chicken and Asparagus and Instant Pot Pot Roast and Potatoes!
So what are you waiting for? Get cooking and indulge in the juiciest and crispiest pork tenderloin of your life. For more fantastic recipes and culinary inspiration, visit Ekilove. Happy cooking!