When it comes to quick and easy meals, air fryer chicken sausage is a winner! Whether you’re looking for a lunch or dinner recipe, this healthy alternative to pork or beef is a perfect choice. Not to mention, it’s a hit with kids and can be ready in less than 15 minutes!
Why Choose Air Fryer Chicken Sausage?
Air fryer chicken sausages are not only delicious but also a family-friendly option that requires minimal preparation. Plus, they cook in no time! Kids are sure to love the flavor, and you can feel good about sneaking in some extra protein. It’s also an excellent choice for those with dietary restrictions and a great option for healthy meal prep.
Ingredients and Cooking Instructions
To make air fryer chicken sausage, you’ll need:
- Chicken Sausage
- Air fryer safe cooking spray (optional)
Here’s how to cook chicken sausage in the air fryer:
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken sausage patties in the fryer basket, making sure not to overfill it.
- Cook the chicken sausage in the air fryer for approximately 8-11 minutes at 370°F, flipping halfway through.
- If it’s your first time making air fryer chicken sausages, start with the lowest cook time, as the size and thickness of the sausages, as well as air fryer cook times, can vary.
- Depending on your air fryer and the amount of chicken sausage in the basket, you can cook for an additional 1 minute until you achieve your desired level of external and internal cook.
Air Fryer Sides to Serve with Chicken Sausage
Looking for some delicious sides to pair with your air fryer chicken sausage? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
And don’t forget the dipping sauce! Bang Bang Sauce, Sriracha Aioli, and Homemade Mayonnaise are all fantastic options.
Tips and Suggestions
- This recipe works with various types of air fryers, such as Ninja Foodi, Gourmia, Cosori, Power XL, Instant Vortex, Nuwave, and Phillips.
- You can use any brand of chicken sausage for this recipe, including popular ones like Aidell’s, Gilbert’s, Simple Truth, and Applegate.
- Most chicken sausage is pre-cooked, but it’s always a good idea to double-check before cooking.
Remember, air fryer chicken sausage is not only tasty but also a healthy and quick meal option. Give it a try and enjoy the convenience and deliciousness it brings to your table!
To find more amazing recipes and cooking tips, visit Ekilove.