If you’re constantly on the go and find yourself short on time, this frozen chicken recipe is a game-changer. With just a few ingredients and a simple cooking process, you can enjoy perfectly cooked chicken every single time!
The Best Way to Cook Frozen Chicken In A Crock Pot
Being a busy parent myself, I know the struggle of finding time to go to the grocery store and prepare a meal from scratch every day. Luckily, cooking frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot requires minimal effort and guarantees fantastic results.
I’ve started using this method at least once a week, and it has been a lifesaver. The simplicity and convenience of this recipe have made it a go-to for busy weeknight dinners.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Easy to make: Just throw everything in the crockpot and let it work its magic. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
- Versatile: The shredded chicken pairs well with almost anything, allowing you to create different meals each time you make it.
- Convenient: Place the frozen chicken in the crock pot in the morning, and by the time you get home in the evening, a delicious dinner will be waiting for you.
- Foolproof: Say goodbye to overcooked chicken! The crock pot takes care of everything, ensuring perfectly cooked chicken every time.
The ingredient list for this frozen chicken recipe is straightforward, and you may already have everything you need in your pantry. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. thinly sliced butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
By the way, if you’re looking for ideas on how to use your shredded chicken, check out these BBQ chicken sliders and this chicken hashbrown casserole.
How To Make Frozen Chicken In The Crock Pot
Prep work: Place the frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot and add the butter, salt, black pepper, and poultry seasoning.
Cook the chicken: Cover the crock pot with the lid and cook on high heat for 4-6 hours until the chicken is perfectly cooked.
Shred and serve: Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks. Serve as desired and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Swap the seasoning: Experiment with different seasonings like garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, or cayenne pepper for a touch of heat.
- Try other cuts of chicken: Chicken thighs work just as well in this recipe.
- Check for doneness: Ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F when checked at the center with a meat thermometer.
What To Serve With Crock Pot Chicken
This flavorful shredded chicken pairs perfectly with various side dishes to complete your meal. Here are some suggestions:
- Potatoes: Serve the chicken with cheesy mashed potatoes or pan-fried potatoes for a hearty option.
- Salad: Enjoy a lighter meal by pairing it with a Southwest salad or La Scala chopped salad.
- Vegetables: For a healthy meal, serve it alongside roasted vegetables, crack green beans, or Chipotle fajita veggies.
- Rice: Create rice bowls with turmeric rice or Chipotle cilantro lime rice.
How To Store Shredded Chicken
- In the fridge: Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge for about 3-4 days. Remember not to refreeze it since the chicken was fully cooked from being frozen.
- Reheating: To reheat, add the chicken to a skillet with a splash of water or chicken broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it’s fully reheated.
FAQs About This Crock Pot Frozen Chicken Recipe
Can you put frozen chicken in the crock pot?
Absolutely! Cooking frozen chicken in the crockpot is an easy and convenient way to achieve perfectly cooked results every time.
Does frozen chicken need to be thawed before cooking?
No, you can cook frozen chicken directly in the crockpot. Just ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F for safe consumption.
How long to cook frozen chicken in a crock pot?
For frozen raw chicken, cook it in the crockpot on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
How to cook frozen chicken and rice in a crock pot?
Follow the chicken cooking instructions mentioned above. Then, add rice and about a cup or two of water or chicken broth to cover the rice. Cook for an additional 30 minutes to an hour, or until the rice is done.
How do you defrost chicken quickly?
The fastest way to defrost frozen chicken is to place it in a Ziplock bag if it isn’t already. Submerge the bag in a bowl of cold water and change the water every 30 minutes until the chicken is defrosted.
More Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot taco casserole
- Crock Pot chicken casserole
- Crock Pot cheesy potatoes
- Crock Pot salsa chicken
- Crock Pot Olive Garden chicken pasta
- Crock Pot Buffalo chicken dip
To discover more delicious recipes and helpful articles, visit Ekilove. Don’t miss out on the amazing possibilities of the crock pot!