You won’t believe how simple it is to make flautas in the air fryer! Mix the filling, roll up the flautas, and let the air fryer work its magic, delivering a golden perfection that will leave you craving for more. Top them off with your favorite toppings and indulge in a delightful Mexican-inspired treat.
When it comes to Mexican cuisine, I’m always on the lookout for delicious dishes beyond the usual tacos or burritos. That’s why I turned to air fryer flautas, a quick and easy option that never fails to satisfy my cravings.
This recipe is perfect for utilizing leftover or Rotisserie chicken. By combining it with a few more ingredients, and wrapping it all in corn tortillas, the air fryer transforms these simple ingredients into a mouth-watering delight.
If you happen to have frozen flautas from Costco, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered too! I will show you how to make them in the air fryer, so you can enjoy the same crispy goodness at home.
How to Make Flautas in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
In a large bowl, combine salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, lime juice, and taco seasoning, stirring until well combined.
Add the chicken and cheese to the mixture, stirring thoroughly to ensure all the ingredients are incorporated.
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F. Place the tortillas inside a wet paper towel and microwave for 30-40 seconds until they become soft and pliable.
Take one tortilla at a time and lay it on a flat surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture horizontally across the bottom third of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla tightly, ensuring the filling is secure, and place it seam side down on a plate.
Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas until all the flautas have been formed.
Place the flautas in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray, working in batches if necessary.
Spray the tops of the flautas with cooking oil spray, then air fry for 8-10 minutes until the tortillas turn golden brown and crispy.
Repeat the process until all the flautas have been cooked.
Serve the flautas warm and top them with salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, and hot sauce if desired.
How to Make Costco Frozen Chicken Flautas in the Air Fryer
If you already have frozen flautas from Costco, you can still enjoy them in the air fryer. Just follow these simple steps:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spray the inner basket with cooking spray.
- Place the frozen flautas in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Spray the tops of the flautas with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 7-8 minutes, flipping them after 5 minutes, until they are hot and crispy.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Flautas
To complete your air fryer chicken flautas meal, here are some delicious sides and toppings:
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Bell Peppers
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Mexican Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Flautas
To ensure your flautas turn out perfect every time, keep these tips in mind:
- Make sure the filling is fully mixed to achieve a medley of flavors in every bite.
- Avoid overfilling the tortillas, as it may make it difficult to seal them, resulting in potential opening during air frying.
- If the tortillas cool down and become difficult to work with, reheat them in the microwave wrapped in a wet paper towel for an additional 30 seconds to regain pliability.
- Roll as many flautas as will fit in your air fryer, then cook the first batch while you continue rolling the rest to save time.
- Be mindful not to overcrowd the air fryer basket, allowing proper circulation of hot air to ensure even cooking and a crispy texture.
More Delicious Leftover Chicken Recipes
If you’re looking for more creative ways to use up leftover chicken, here are some delectable recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Pesto Chicken Wrap with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
- 13 Easy Chicken Wraps Made with Leftover Chicken
More Air Fryer Mexican-Inspired Recipes
If you can’t get enough of the air fryer goodness, here are some other Mexican-inspired recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Carne Asada
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Frozen Empanadas in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Taquitos
Now you have all the tools and recipes you need to create scrumptious flautas right in your air fryer. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a delightful Mexican-inspired meal. Buen provecho!