Looking for a quick and tasty dinner option? Our air fryer chicken sausage recipe will have dinner on the table in just 15 minutes! Whether you prefer sweet, savory, or spicy, this recipe guarantees perfectly cooked and flavorful chicken sausages. Say hello to a whole lot of yum!
Chicken Sausage in Air Fryer
We love having precooked chicken sausage in our home, and we usually toss them on a sheet pan with some veggies for a simple dinner. But we couldn’t resist giving the air fryer a try. And let me tell you, cooking chicken sausage in the air fryer is a game-changer!
We served the air-fried chicken sausage alongside bell peppers and onions cooked in the air fryer, and it was even better than baking everything in the oven. The sausages turned out juicy, flavorful, and disappeared from our plates in no time. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even turn this into a healthier twist on a classic sandwich by adding the chicken sausage, bell peppers, and onions to a hoagie roll.
Why You’ll Love This!
- Dinner in just 15 minutes!
- Works with any brand and flavor of pre-cooked chicken sausage.
- Cook as many or as few sausages as you need.
- Perfect for gluten-free, low-carb, keto, and dairy-free lifestyles.
We’re big fans of using the air fryer for various sausage options throughout the day. Whether it’s brats, kielbasa, breakfast links, or sausage patties, the air fryer always delivers quick and flavorful meals that everyone loves!
And hey, if you’re looking for more chicken apple sausage recipes, we’ve got you covered with our baked chicken sausage in the oven recipe with roasted vegetables.
We used two different flavors of Aidells chicken sausage for this dinner, but feel free to use your favorite brand and flavor.
- Precooked chicken sausages: Any brand will work, just make sure they are approximately 3 oz per sausage. You can also use raw chicken sausage links, but adjust the cooking time until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
This recipe works for any large pre-cooked sausages, whether they’re chicken, pork, or beef.
You’ll need an air fryer to make this recipe. We recommend an Omni Plus oven-style air fryer or a small 3.2L Farberware basket-style air fryer.
To ensure compliance with your preferred eating plan, read the label of your chicken sausage. For low carb/keto meals, look for sausages that are 1 net carb each, like the garlic gruyere. The chicken apple flavor we tested has 3 net carbs each.
Step by Step Instructions
Cooking your air fryer chicken sausages is as simple as baking them, but they will taste so much better! Follow these steps for a delicious meal:
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, place your chicken sausages in the basket or on the tray.
- Cook the precooked chicken sausages for a total of 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
- Check the internal temperature with a digital meat thermometer. It should be 165°F.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Preheating your air fryer is recommended for even cooking. If you skip preheating, you may need to add extra cook time.
- Feel free to cook as many chicken sausages as you need and can fit in your air fryer. No need to space them evenly.
- Flip, toss, or rotate the sausages halfway through cooking, especially if your air fryer is loaded with sausages.
- Air fryer models can vary, so keep an eye on the cooking time the first time you make this recipe. Adjust the time as needed to achieve your desired level of browning.
- Always check the internal temperature with a digital meat thermometer for best results.
Want more air fryer sausage recipes? Here are some favorites:
- Air Fryer Brats
- Air Fryer Kielbasa
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage Links
- Air Fryer Sausage Patty
If you’re looking for more delicious recipes, be sure to check out our website, Ekilove. Happy cooking!