Are you craving juicy and flavorful chicken breasts? Look no further! This foolproof recipe will guide you on how to make tender and delicious air fryer chicken breasts every single time. With the perfect blend of herbs and spices, this recipe is not only versatile but also suitable for those following a keto or Whole30 lifestyle.
The Best Way to Cook Chicken in an Air Fryer
Air frying is the ultimate method for cooking tender chicken in less time. Forget about preheating the oven – the air fryer will get the job done faster and more efficiently. Plus, with the simple seasoning blend used in this recipe, you’ll have incredibly flavorful chicken breasts without the need for brining.
The beauty of serving chicken is its versatility. You can create an entirely new recipe by adding a delicious and creamy sauce like mushroom sauce, white BBQ sauce, or Peruvian creamy green sauce. Pair it with side dishes like Instant Pot Risotto or Sous Vide Asparagus, and you have the perfect meal.
Don’t worry if you don’t own an air fryer – there are alternatives! Check out the Sous Vide Chicken Breasts recipe for a different cooking method. If you prefer a crispier option, give the Air Fried Crispy Chicken Tenders a try. The possibilities are endless!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
To make this mouthwatering recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
Feel free to switch things up by substituting the herbs with my Chicken Wing Rub, Italian Seasoning, or Cajun Seasoning. This will add a delightful twist to your chicken breasts.
Cooking Temperature for Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer
For the best flavor and texture, cook your chicken breasts at 370-degrees. This temperature ensures that the chicken is perfectly cooked and retains its juiciness.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Now, let’s dive into the cooking process. Follow these simple steps to make your air fryer chicken breasts:
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and spices with oil to create a paste.
- Coat the boneless chicken breasts with the paste.
- Place the chicken pieces in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook at 370-degrees for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 4-8 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160-degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- The total cook time will depend on the size of your chicken breasts.
To ensure the perfect cooking time, consider the size of your chicken breasts:
- Small Breasts (5-7 oz.): 14 minutes
- Medium Breasts (8-9 oz.): 16 minutes
- Large Breasts (10+ oz.): 18 minutes
After cooking, let your chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes by tenting them with foil. This allows the juices to redistribute and the chicken to finish cooking.
Remember, food safety guidelines recommend a minimum internal temperature of 165-degrees for chicken. However, removing the chicken from the air fryer at 160-degrees and letting it rest will continue the cooking process.
Chicken is Undercooked?
If you find that your chicken is undercooked, simply return it to the air fryer and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes. This will ensure that the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear.
Adding Vegetables to the Air Fryer
Enhance your meal by adding vegetables such as zucchini, Brussels sprouts, red peppers, broccoli, or asparagus. Simply add them to the air fryer basket at the halfway point, and they’ll cook perfectly alongside your chicken breasts.
The fun doesn’t stop with just the chicken breasts. Try out these variations to take your dish to the next level:
- Swap the herbs in the recipe with my Italian Seasoning or Cajun Seasoning.
- Marinate your chicken overnight in some Italian dressing for an extra burst of flavor.
- Explore the world of chicken thighs with my air fryer chicken thighs recipe.
- Elevate your meal with a delicious sauce like white BBQ sauce, Jerk Sauce, Peruvian green sauce, or lemon butter sauce. Feel free to experiment with the 25+ tasty sauces for chicken.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to three months by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap.
When reheating your air fryer chicken breasts, it’s best to use the stove. Add the chicken to a small skillet with a splash of water or broth, and heat it until it’s warmed through.
Enjoy Your Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Now that you have mastered the art of cooking delicious air fryer chicken breasts, it’s time to enjoy your culinary masterpiece. Serve them in Gyro Bowls, Street Corn Chicken Tacos, or Southwest Chicken Salad for a delightful meal that will satisfy your taste buds.
For more fantastic recipes, cooking tips, and food inspiration, be sure to visit Ekilove.
Did you make these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts?
If you loved this air fryer chicken breast recipe, please give it a star review! Don’t forget to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it on Instagram. Tag me @platingsandpairings and use the hashtag #platingsandpairings. I can’t wait to see your creations!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Croutons
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fried Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings
Note: This recipe was adjusted in January 2023 to change the amount of salt. Some readers found the chicken too salty. Keep in mind that Diamond Kosher Salt, which I typically use, is about 50% less salty than table salt or other salt varieties.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Mongolian Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Larb Gai Recipe (Thai Lettuce Wraps)
- Chicken Gyro Bowls with Quinoa
- Easy Roasted Chicken
- Pretzel Crusted Chicken with Cheddar-Mustard Sauce
Sauces for Chicken Breasts:
Pair your chicken breasts with these delectable sauces:
- Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- BBQ Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Find more mouthwatering sauce ideas and recipes on Ekilove.