Are you looking for an easy and tasty dinner option that the whole family will love? Look no further than Chicken Sausage in Air Fryer! This recipe creates juicy sausages that are perfectly browned every time, and the best part is that it cooks in just minutes.
Why We Love Air Fryer Chicken Sausages
Easy dinners are a must, especially on busy weeknights. That’s why we adore these air fryer chicken sausages. They are a quick and convenient meal option that doesn’t sacrifice flavor. Plus, chicken sausages are a lighter alternative to pork sausages, thanks to their lower fat content.
Air Fryer Chicken Sausage Recipe
Making air fryer chicken sausages is a breeze, even on those days when you’re short on time. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have a delicious main dish without the need for a frying pan.
- Preheat your air fryer.
- Place the uncooked sausages carefully into the hot air fryer basket.
- Flip them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Let them cool a little before enjoying.
What is Chicken Sausage?
Chicken sausages are made by mixing ground chicken with a variety of seasonings and putting them into casings. These sausages come in different flavors, with Italian sausage being a popular choice. They are typically about 6 inches in length and offer a tasty alternative to traditional sausages.
Our Favorite Brands of Chicken Sausage
When it comes to chicken sausages, there are many brands to choose from. Here are some options we recommend:
- Aidells Chicken Sausage: Our favorite brand, known for its tasty sausages made with quality ingredients and offered in a wide range of flavors.
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage: If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, try their Sweet Italian Chicken or Spicy Jalapeño Chicken Sausages.
- Al Fresco Chicken Sausage
- Greenwise Chicken Sausage (Publix brand)
- Applegate Organics Chicken Sausage
- Premio Chicken Sausage
Tips and Serving Suggestions
- Cooking Time: Chicken sausages generally only need about 10 minutes in the air fryer.
- Dipping Sauce: Don’t forget to pair your sausages with your favorite dipping sauce. Mustard is a classic choice, but feel free to get creative!
- Side Dish Options: Chicken sausages go well with a variety of side dishes. Consider serving them with vegetables, grains, fresh fruit, potatoes, salads, or even turning them into breakfast sausages.
Can Chicken Sausages be Frozen?
If you like to buy sausages in bulk or have leftovers, you can freeze chicken sausages before their expiration date. Wrap them in aluminum foil or place them in a freezer-safe zip bag, labeled with the date.
To cook frozen chicken sausages in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Add the frozen sausages to the hot air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 6 minutes, flip them over, and continue cooking for another 6-7 minutes until heated through.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Single Layer: Keep the sausages in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
- Spicy Sausage: Sprinkle some red pepper flakes or hot sauce on your sausages for an extra kick.
- Different Air Fryers and Sausages: Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer and the size of the sausages. Adjust accordingly. You can also use different types of sausages, such as turkey, vegan, or beef sausages.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this recipe keto-friendly? Chicken sausages are typically low carb, but check the packaging for any high-carb ingredients.
- How long to cook chicken sausage in an air fryer? The sausages only need about 10 minutes.
- Can you cook chicken sausage in an air fryer? Absolutely! Just preheat the air fryer and pop the sausages in.
- Do I need extra oil to air fry sausages? No, it’s not necessary. However, a tiny bit of olive or avocado oil can help achieve a crispy skin.
- What temperature should chicken sausages be cooked to? Make sure they reach at least 165°F, and use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
Follow Ekilove for More Recipe Ideas!
If you enjoyed this chicken sausage in air fryer recipe, be sure to check out Ekilove for more delicious recipe ideas and inspiration. Don’t forget to follow Ekilove on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for updates!
Share Your Creation
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear how it turned out! Share a picture of your delicious creation on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookedharvest. Your feedback and photos always bring a smile to my face!
Note: This article is written with Ekilove in mind, ensuring a conversational and friendly tone. For the original article and more air fryer recipes, visit Ekilove.