If you’re looking for a quick and easy chicken dish that’s packed with flavor, look no further than Air Fryer Chicken Casserole. This classic recipe combines tender chicken, veggies, and a crispy layer of cheese in just minutes. It’s the perfect comfort food dinner that will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.
Why You’ll Love This
You’re going to love this dish because it’s incredibly easy to make. It’s a great way to sneak in some nutritious vegetables for picky eaters since it’s covered in a crusty layer of cheese. Plus, it’s a one-pot meal, making it perfect for busy weeknights or when you have company over the weekend.
If you’re craving more delicious air fryer chicken recipes with minimal prep time, be sure to check out our favorite Air Fryer Chicken Thighs or Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken. And if you enjoy this dish, you might also like our homemade air fryer chili pot pie.
- Egg noodles
- Rotisserie chicken (or chicken breast or thighs)
- Broccoli florets (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- Unsalted butter
- Cheddar cheese (like Kraft cheese)
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Black pepper
How to Make Casserole in Air Fryer
- In a medium saucepan, boil water and cook the entire 8-ounce package of egg noodles according to the package instructions.
- Drain the cooked noodles through a colander in your kitchen sink.
- Return the noodles to the saucepan and add the chicken and broccoli florets. Toss them together until well mixed.
- Once the noodles, chicken, and broccoli are combined, add melted butter, shredded cheese, chicken soup, sour cream, salt, and pepper to the mixture. Stir together until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Spray a nonstick cooking spray into your stoneware baking dish, 2-quart ramekin, or casserole dish that fits into your air fryer basket.
- Use a spatula to transfer the chicken mixture to the casserole dish, filling it evenly.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 4-6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
- Optional Additional Toppings: Chopped chives, parsley, or green onions. Cracker crumbs, such as Ritz crackers, tortilla chips, or crispy tater tots.
- Substitutions: Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Use Mexican cheese, Colby-jack cheese, or any other creamy cheese instead of cheddar. Use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken.
- Adjust the cooking time by 1-2 minutes depending on the size and wattage of your air fryer. I make this recipe in my Cosori 5.8 qt. air fryer or 6.8-quart air fryer.
- Allow the casserole to cool completely before storing. Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If freezing, place leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
- To reheat the chicken casserole, use a silicone dish in the air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes or until heated through and it reaches an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit/74° Celsius.
Air Fryer Chicken Casserole is the ultimate comfort food that’s quick and easy to make. With its tender chicken, flavorful veggies, and cheesy goodness, it’s a dish that will satisfy your cravings and impress your guests. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
For more delicious air fryer chicken recipes and culinary inspiration, visit Ekilove.