Grilling brats on your Blackstone griddle is a simple and delightful way to enjoy this flavorful meat. Not only do they cook to a crispy texture on the outside, but they also remain juicy on the inside. Whether you’re having a barbecue or need a quick weeknight meal, Blackstone Brats are the perfect choice.
A Perfect Pairing
When grilling burgers, adding Blackstone Brats as a side creates a mouthwatering combination. These flavorful sausages complement juicy burgers perfectly. Whether you’re grilling at home or out camping, Blackstone Brats are a versatile and crowd-pleasing option.
What Makes a Brat?
Bratwurst, a German sausage, is typically made from pork, veal, or beef. However, pork is the most commonly used meat for making Bratwurst. Traditionally, Bratwurst is served on a white bun topped with sauerkraut or potato salad. At your local grocery store, you can find both uncooked and precooked brats, with the latter usually located near the hot dogs section.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
To prepare your Blackstone Brats, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Avocado Oil
- Bratwurst Buns
- Sauerkraut (optional)
Follow these simple steps to grill your Blackstone Brats to perfection:
- Prepare the Blackstone Grill: Preheat your Blackstone Grill to medium-high heat, reaching approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add Oil to the Grill: Drizzle avocado oil onto the grill and use a spatula to spread it out. Turn off one side of the grill.
- Place Brats on the Grill: Put the bratwursts on the side of the grill that is turned off (indirect heat).
- Cooking Time: Grill the brats for 15-20 minutes, turning them approximately every 5-7 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The brats will turn golden brown during this time.
- Continue Cooking: Transfer the brats to the hot side of the grill and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes per side to achieve a nicely browned exterior.
- Heat the Buns: Warm the buns either by microwaving them for 30-60 seconds or placing them over indirect heat on the grill for the same duration.
- Serve and Enjoy: Place the grilled brats in the buns and top them with sauerkraut. Your Blackstone Brats are now ready to be savored!
Tips for Perfect Blackstone Brats
- Experiment with Different Brats: This recipe works well with various types of bratwurst. Feel free to explore different flavors and find your favorite.
- Start on Low Heat: Begin grilling your brats on the indirect heat side of the grill. This allows them to cook slowly, achieving that perfect crispy texture while remaining juicy inside.
- Cooking Temperature: To ensure your bratwurst is cooked to perfection, use a meat thermometer. Insert it at the center of the brat through the end of the casing without releasing any of the juice.
Serving Suggestions for Blackstone Brats
When serving your Blackstone Brats, try topping them with sauerkraut in a hot dog bun. Another delicious idea is to grill peppers and onions to accompany your meal. For optimal flavor, toast the bun until it becomes crispy on the outside while remaining soft on the inside. Add your favorite mustard and enjoy the perfect weeknight meal.
Perfect Side Dishes for Brats on Blackstone
To make cleanup a breeze, consider making these side dishes on your Blackstone griddle:
- Blackstone Sweet Potato Fries: These frozen fries take minutes to prepare and make a perfect accompaniment to your brats.
- Blackstone Smashed Tator Tots: Try smashing frozen tater tots directly on the griddle for a fun and delicious side dish.
- Broccoli on the Blackstone: For a low-carb option, grill broccoli on your Blackstone griddle. It will come out perfectly crisp and packed with flavor. Don’t forget to season it with garlic powder for an extra kick.
Refrigerate any leftover bratwursts in an airtight container, and they will remain fresh for up to five days.
To access the full recipe for Blackstone Brats, click here.
More Easy Blackstone Recipes
Expand your Blackstone cooking repertoire with these mouthwatering recipes:
- Blackstone Mushroom Swiss Burger
- Polish Sausage on Blackstone Griddle
- Blackstone Green Beans Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Blackstone Recipe
So fire up your Blackstone griddle and enjoy the deliciousness of Blackstone Brats. Happy grilling!