Who doesn’t love a delicious and juicy bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin? This recipe is a true gem – it’s incredibly tasty and surprisingly simple. With just four ingredients – pork, bacon, honey, and olive oil – you can create a mouthwatering dish that will impress everyone at your table. So, let’s dive in and learn how to make this amazing bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin step-by-step.
The Magic of Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
This recipe is a testament to the fact that sometimes the simplest things are the best. All you need to do is sear the pork, wrap it in bacon, brush it with honey, and pop it in the oven. That’s it! The bacon not only adds a delicious smoky flavor but also helps keep the pork incredibly juicy. Fun fact: pork tenderloin is even leaner than chicken breast! Wrapping it with bacon not only protects it but also adds a burst of flavor as the bacon fat bastes the pork while it roasts.
What You Need for Bacon-Wrapped Pork
Gather these few ingredients and you’ll be ready to go:
- Pork tenderloin: This lean and tender cut of meat is perfect for this recipe. Choose a tenderloin that weighs around 450-500g (16oz-1lb) for the best results.
- Bacon: Use streaky bacon strips that are long enough to wrap around the pork. You’ll need about 7 to 10 pieces, depending on the size of your tenderloin.
- Honey: This will be used to create a savory and sticky glaze that brings the dish together.
- Oil, salt, and pepper: These pantry staples are essential for seasoning and searing the pork.
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Don’t worry; you won’t even need a recipe for this one. But here are the simple steps just to make sure you nail it:
- Season and tuck: Sprinkle salt and pepper over the pork, then tuck the thin tail end under to ensure even thickness.
- Brown the pork: Sear the pork over high heat in a little oil until browned all over. This will give it a head start before finishing it in the oven.
- Wrap in bacon: Lay the bacon strips vertically on a work surface, slightly overlapping each piece. Place the seared pork on top, at the end closest to you, and roll it up in the bacon.
- Seam side down: Roll the fillet over so it sits seam side down, keeping the bacon in place. Transfer the pork back to the skillet (heat off) to serve as your baking dish.
- Drizzle with honey: Squeeze honey onto the pork, roughly spreading it with a spoon or brush. Don’t worry about full coverage; the glaze will melt and become beautifully bronzed during baking.
- Bake and baste: Bake the pork at 200°C/390°F (180°C fan) for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste the bacon with the pan juices for a deep bronze color. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 65°C (149°F) for medium doneness.
- Rest and serve: Let the pork rest for 5 minutes, then baste it one last time before slicing. Serve with the remaining pan juices for an extra burst of flavor.
What to Serve with Bacon-Wrapped Pork
To complement the flavors of this dish, pair it with a starchy side like mashed potatoes or creamy mashed cauliflower. These will help soak up the delicious bacon juices. If you prefer bread, go for crusty bread or hot flatbreads. For a refreshing touch, prepare a simple salad with mixed greens dressed in your favorite dressing.
Enjoy this delicious bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin recipe and let it be a star at your next gathering. For more tasty recipes and inspiration, visit Ekilove – your go-to source for amazing culinary ideas!
PS: By the way, did you know that pork-on-pork is like denim on denim? Let’s just agree that it’s a fashion statement in the kitchen! And for a little extra entertainment, check out the “Life of Dozer” section below.
Life of Dozer
We can’t forget about our furry friends! Here’s the latest attempt to keep Dozer out of the kitchen. It’s always an adventure with our four-legged companions!