Are you thinking about getting lash extensions but have concerns about wearing makeup? Or perhaps you already have extensions and want to know the best makeup options? In this article, I’ll provide you with valuable insights into the types of makeup that work well with eyelash extensions. Let’s dive in!
When it comes to eyeliner, it’s essential to choose a product that isn’t too “waxy” or too soft. Using the wrong eyeliner can make it difficult to remove your eye makeup and may lead to potential damage to your natural lashes. To avoid this, opt for a liquid liner like the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (brush tip) or the ink version with a felt tip. These eyeliners glide on smoothly, last all day, and can be easily removed using a micellar water cleanser. Remember to avoid using cotton pads or q-tips with lint, as they can get stuck in your lashes.
The good news is that you can enjoy any kind of powder eyeshadow with your eyelash extensions. Creamy eyeshadows and eyeshadow sticks should be avoided as they may contain oil and can be stubborn to remove. However, some powder shadows have a creamy texture and offer rich colors that are easy to blend. For long-lasting pigment, consider trying the E.l.f creamy pot eye shadow or Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color, which can be applied with your fingers. These options are relatively easy to remove and won’t cause any issues with your extensions.
With eyelash extensions, you can achieve your desired look without the need for mascara. However, if you’re going through lash recovery or if your extensions aren’t as full as you’d like, it’s best to avoid mascara altogether. Mascara can cause damage to your lashes, especially when it’s time to remove it. If you do decide to wear mascara towards the end of your lash cycle, opt for a water-based or tubular mascara. Avoid mascaras labeled as “gentle” or “plant-based,” as they may not be safe for extensions. Water-based mascaras like Blinc or Trish McEvoy are great options.
How to Do Eye Makeup With Lash Extensions?
If you have lash extensions, there’s no need to worry about missing out on eye makeup. Here’s a simple routine you can follow:
- Gently brush your lashes with a clean mascara wand to remove any dirt or debris.
- Apply a thin layer of primer on your eyelids and under your eyes to create a smooth canvas for your eyeshadow.
- Using a small brush, apply a light eyeshadow on the crease of your eyes. Matt shadows work best.
- Optional step: Apply mascara lightly, but make sure to avoid getting any mascara on your lash extensions.
Remember, the key to maintaining the health and longevity of your lash extensions is to be gentle and avoid any unnecessary friction.
If you’re interested in learning more about lash extensions and how to incorporate makeup into your routine, check out my detailed guides and tutorials on Ekilove:
- Can You Wear Eyeshadow With Lash Extensions?
- Can You Wear Eyeliner With Eyelash Extensions?
- Can You Wear Concealer With Eyelash Extensions?
- Can You Wear Mascara With Eyelash Extensions?
- Can You Wear Eye Cream With Lash Extensions?
- Can You Curl Eyelash Extensions?
For more information about Ekilove and our services, visit Ekilove.
Now you’re ready to rock your stunning lash extensions with the perfect makeup!